Top 10 Things To Do With Kids In Nashville
1. Unleash your child's inner artist at The Frist, Nashville's premiere destination for the visual arts. Children get in free. Upstairs, the Martin ArtQuest Gallery offers 30+ interactive activities for kids.
2. Take in a Nashville Sounds ballgame at brand new First Tennessee Park, featuring fireworks on Friday. Kids can run the bases on Sunday home games.
3. Gaze upon the heavens from atop a hill at Dyer Observatory. Telescope Nights occur the second Friday of every month (March-November): telescopes are open for viewing, and astronomers are present to answer any questions.
4. Learn about TN's flora and fauna at the Shelby Bottoms Nature Center. The adjacent Shelby Bottoms greenway is a great place to take a stroll or bike ride and observe nature firsthand.
5. Bring reading to life at Parnassus Books, which has a well-stocked and wonderfully imaginative children's section with a train table, a secret entrance, and a popular Story time is typically Saturday.
6. Let your little Einsteins explore and learn at Adventure Science Center and Sudekum Planetarium.
7. Strap on your skates for Ice Skating at Centennial Sportsplex. Free for kids 4 and under. They also offer individual and group skating lessons.
8. Take your kids to the Downtown Public Library for puppet shows and their extensive collection!
9. Take a walk on the wild side at the Nashville Zoo at Grassmere. Don't miss the red pandas and clouded leopards. Includes a petting zoo and a Zoo Tots program for kids aged 18 months-5 years.
10. Climb on a multi-colored concrete dragon at Fannie Mae Dees Park (aka Dragon Park). Your kids will get a kick out of playing on and running under the tiled mosaic dragon sculpture rising from the ground. There's a picnic shed and other playground equipment as well.