Top 10 Things To Do With Kids in Chicago
1. Catch a Cubs game at historic Wrigley Field. Kids can run the bases on Sundays.
2. Walk amongst lions, tigers and bears (polar and grizzly) at the Brookfield Zoo, which offers interactive activities and family play programs/classes as well.
3. Turn your little ones loose to learn at the Kohl's Children Museum in Glenview, with 17 hands-on interactive exhibits for children ages 1-8.
4. Bone up on your dinosaurs, Wooly Mammoths, Vikings, mummies, and more at The Field Museum of Natural History. Basically, every kid's most beloved history topics are covered in these impressive exhibits.
5. Stop and smell the flowers at the Chicago Botanic Gardens in Glencoe. Classes and events designed for families are offered daily in various garden areas on the beautiful grounds.
6. Let your child run wild at The Exploratorium in Skokie, a colorful interactive indoor play area featuring tubes and tunnels, a water play area, a giant Lite-Brite, plenty of things to climb on, and more!
7. Hike around the Des Plains River Valley and stop in at the River Trail Nature Center in Northbrook, a nature discovery area "where kids can climb in an eagle nest, crawl in a fox den, create their own puppet shows, and more."
8. Chicago's a theater town through and through. Take in a production put on by Emerald City Theatre, one of the best children's theatre companies in town.
9. View timeless masterpieces at The Art Institute. Admission is free for kids, and there's picture book exhibitions and art-making activities for kids.
10. Teach your child about design and Chicago architecture with a group Lego build workshop at the Chicago Architecture Foundation. This project lasts until September 27.