The Gardner School’s summer preschool camp, Camp Gardner, is expanding its children’s interactive experiences from the classroom setting to the community outside the walls. Camp Gardner’s “Summer of Love” daycare program plans to positively contribute to its communities one week at a time this summer.
The schedule began June 1 and continues through August 15. TGS students will focus on different areas every two weeks.
Topics are as follows:
- All Creatures Great and Small features donation drives for the local humane societies and learning to help various types of animals. Special visits from veterinarians and the zoo.
- The World is in Our Hands will teach kids multiple ways of recycling, being energy conscious, creating art with earth, and places kids in the TGS Garden.
- Salute the Troops will occur around July 4th and enables students to create thank you cards for service people and experience camp “drills.” TGS will support Operation Shoebox and send care packages to troops.
- Super Heroes Among Us demonstrates to the children that there are local service people such as police, firemen, and first responders who are also real life superheroes. Kids will also learn about safety with bikes, seatbelts and first aid.
- Going for the Gold will show how exercise and team spirit is fun. TGS will partner with the local Special Olympics to have its own games and even a mini color run.
- Let Your Light Shine is a time to celebrate the TGS student. Events such as a musical parade, photo booth, and bounce house will give kids a reason to let their light shine.
Summer of Love will allow children in various cities to connect to their local society and expand their knowledge about the world. All events and times are subject to change.
Please visit www.thegardnerschool.com for local information.