Located just minutes south of Nashville, Williamson County, Tennessee, is both known as being one of the best places to raise a family by people across the country—especially its cities of Brentwood and Franklin. However, local residents and families in the area can truly tell you what life is like in this popular area. If you live in the greater Nashville area, you’re all too familiar with the famous “You’re so Nashville if…” polls that happen every year. As it turns out, being a parent in Williamson County comes with its own fair share of common experiences.
10 Signs You Know You’re a Parent in Williamson County
How do you know you’re a parent in Williamson County? We polled a few parents and school directors at The Gardner School Franklin and The Gardner School Brentwood to ask what qualities and signs they felt best described being a parent in Williamson County:
- You might be a Williamson County parent if your idea of a night on the town includes Tuesday nights at Chick-fil-A Family Night. Let’s be honest, can anything beat an inexpensive dinner date with a play area?
- You might be a Williamson County parent if you spend your Saturday mornings at the soccer field. Double points if you’ve found a way to spend time between an 8:00 a.m. game for child #1 and 11:30 a.m. game for child #2.
- You might be a Williamson County parent if you’re at Target or Costco four times a week for family essentials. Running low on household supplies again already? Target and Costco are not only the prime spots for checking things off your list but also for bumping into your fellow parent friends.
- You might be a Williamson County parent if your daughter’s bow is bigger than her head. Because…well…looking cute is totally worth it. And, the taller the bow, the closer you are to…Mom.
- You might be a Williamson County parent if you know how to properly say “Widjiwagan.” And, you quickly know when someone is new to the area when they don’t get the name quite right.
- You might be a Williamson County parent if every trip to Puckett’s Grocery includes something from the dessert cabinet. If you’ve been able to place an order at Puckett’s without adding a cookie or piece of pie, we need to talk.
- You might be a Williamson County parent if every Saturday in the fall is spent in downtown Franklin, Farmers’ Market, Arrington Vineyards, or at a nearby farm or park. With so many quintessential fall experiences, is there any better place live? We don’t think so.
- You might be a Williamson County parent if you vacation along the 30A coast in Florida. Double points if you have the 30A rear window sticker.
- You might be a Williamson County parent if you have traded in your sedan for a mid-size SUV. This one we can chalk up to the fact that it’s just the season of life we’re in, right?
- You might be a Williamson County parent if your motto is: “If it’s not moving, it’s monogrammed. We think Nashville’s own Reese Witherspoon might speak for all Williamson County parents with this one.
The Gardner School: Williamson County’s Premier Preschool
While The Gardner School has schools located in six states, we love the fact that Williamson County is home to our corporate headquarters, too. Our personal relationships with families is just one of the reasons parents choose us when looking for a preschool in Brentwood, Franklin, or Nashville. To learn more about our Brentwood or Franklin preschools or to schedule a tour, contact our team today.