Louisville is known around the country for many reasons. It’s where the fastest two minutes in sports capture the attention of the nation every year. It’s the birthplace of America’s famous baseball bat and the greatest boxer in history. But, as the city continues to grow, Louisville is being recognized more and more as a great place to live and raise a family.
But, what really makes Louisville a great place for families? We decided to take some time to poll a few parents and school directors at The Gardner School of Louisville to find out.
10 Signs You Know You’re a Louisville Parent
How do you know you’re a Louisville parent? Here a few highlights that might resonate with you:
- You might be a Louisville parent if your idea of a night on the town includes a visit to the newest restaurant opening in NuLu. With so many new restaurants open, it’s hard to schedule enough date nights to try all of them.
- You might be a Louisville parent if your kid’s favorite foods are a Hot Brown sandwich and Derby Pie. Let’s be honest… kids around the country don’t know what they’re missing.
- You might be a Louisville parent if your child’s first word was “derby.” Or, if your little girl has worn a Kentucky Derby hat every May since she was born.
- You might be a Louisville parent if your weekends are spent at the Louisville Zoo or the Kentucky Science Center. Is there any better place to get energy out in the winter or explore during the summer?
- You might be a Louisville parent if basketball is more important to you than football. Whether you cheer for the Cards or the Cats, we’re one of the few cities in the Southeast who are already looking forward to basketball when August rolls around.
- You might be a Louisville parent if you take your out-of-town relatives to The Louisville Slugger or Muhammed Ali Museum. With such a rich history, Louisville really does provide unique experiences for sports fans (and even non-sports fans).
- You might be a Louisville parent if you know that The KFC Yum Center is a sports complex and not a fast food restaurant. But, it doesn’t hurt that we have some of the best arena food options in the country.
- You might be a Louisville parent if you catch yourself humming the tune of “My Old Kentucky Home” at your desk. Triple points if you know all the words.
- You might be a Louisville parent if you know the best routes to avoid the Waterson. When you’ve got a little one in the car, every second counts.
- You might be a Louisville parent if you’re a little too excited about the new Louisville City Soccer Complex to open. Basketball and baseball aren’t the only sports Louisville is known for—and, the fact that Louisville City will have their own stadium is proof.
The Gardner School: Louisville’s Premier Preschool
While The Gardner School has schools in six states across the country, we are grateful for all the wonderful families and children we get to serve in Louisville, Kentucky. Our relationship with each family is just one of the reasons parents choose us when looking for a preschool in Louisville.
To learn more about The Gardner School of Louisville or to schedule a tour, contact our team today.