As you search for the best preschools in Nashville, Tennessee, you’ll no doubt come across the state’s Child Care Report Card & Star Quality Program. It’s a voluntary program that recognizes childcare agencies who exceed minimum licensing standards. All four Gardner School locations in the greater Nashville area are proud to carry a 3-star rating – the highest awarded by the state. Let’s take a look at how we earned those three stars.
Our directors and teachers exceed all licensing requirements sets forth by the state. We take great pride in our amazing staff, carefully choosing those who love the early childhood profession and have a strong, positive curiosity about life that sparks confidence and joy in those around them.
- Have a college degree in a childcare related field and at least five years of experience in early care and/or education or a Program Administrator Credential, which is recognition awarded to early childhood administrators who have demonstrated the specific competencies for effective leadership and management through academics, experiences, and portfolio assessment.
- 30 hours of pre-service orientation training, including age-specific training, inclusion of children with special needs and business management/administration.
- Maintain an annually updated Professional Development Plan.
- All lead teachers have a four-year degree in early childhood education or a closely related field.
- Maintain an annually updated Professional Development Plan that includes training hours, which support the goals of the plan.
- Follow a written plan for transitioning students affected by teaching staff turnover.
- Receive at least six hours of annual training in addition to the training required by licensing regulations.
We earned the highest Staff Compensation rating given by Tennessee. We believe that caring for children is the most important job, and do everything we can to continue to train, educate and develop our teachers and keep staff turnover to a minimum.
The Gardner School is not just a place the you drop off your child for the day. We are an integral piece of kids’ education and development, and go above and beyond what’s required to involve the parents and family into our programs. From parent-teacher meetings to curriculum evaluation and fun-filled events, we create a network of communication and support to always increase your child’s ability to excel.
Our carefully-balanced program features a full day of developmentally and age-appropriate activities. The Gardner School teachers create engaging, structured lessons and group activities, while remaining flexible enough to foster self-discovery and independence as each child explores and learns at his or her own pace.
Our staff understands childhood development, and to ensure that students are progressing at a developmentally appropriate level, we make routine assessments a high priority. If there is room for improvement, we will tailor the student’s lessons and work with parents to address growth in certain areas.
Selecting a Nashville-area preschool that will best meet the needs of your child is a big decision. As you research, we hope you will take the time to learn more about The Gardner School. Feel free to schedule a visit to meet the staff and tour a school here. We look forward to meeting you!